Reader Cement Products Ltd (est. 1985) cement packing facilities at Pinxton and Sutton in Ashfield Nottinghamshire are looking to recruit an Apprentice Mechanical Engineer.
This vacancy will ideally suit a recent school leaver looking to train as a skilled Mechanical Engineer and has excellent prospects for employment upon completion of apprenticeship.
You will be required to attend a City and Guilds NVQ course on a day release basis at West Notts College. Please ensure you are able to get to our premises by 8.00am each morning.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
Apprentice starting rate is dependent on age and experience – see below:-
Wage band Current rate (from 1 April 2023)
Age 21 to 22 £10.18
Age 18 to 20 £7.49
Under 18 £5.28
Purpose of Role
To maintain plant, machinery, and equipment both reactive and planned maintenance.
Reporting to: Team Leader and in their absence, the Management Team
Management Team: Production Manager/Operations Manager
- Close communication with operators and management.
- Identify any opportunities for improvement and plan/execute accordingly.
- Daily and accurate completion of records including timesheets and inspection status documentation.
- Report any manufacturing and assembly errors to the team leader so corrective action can be agreed.
- To adhere to all required quality and H&S standards
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdown, resolving issues and actioning repairs.
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of all equipment.
- To work with other departments in analysing data to find solutions to improve plant performance.
- To undertake other duties as may be required.
- Good Attention to detail.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Team player.
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn/develop.
- Ability to read engineering drawings/parts lists.
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to engineering.
- Knowledge of working with a wide variety of materials.
- Good working knowledge of assembly protocol.